“Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved… who correctly handles the word of truth.” — 2 Timothy 2:15 (NIV)
If you are passionate about the Word of God and desire to learn more, The Potter’s House School of Ministry at North Dallas (PHSOM-ND) is for you!
This non-degree program will equip you with a strong foundation in biblical and theological studies along with practical ministry and marketable skills to help you fulfill your unique calling. PHSOM also provides a great opportunity for spiritual growth by engaging with a small diverse group of your peers and faculty mentors.
Biblical Studies Track
In Biblical Studies you will strengthen your knowledge of The Bible, gain a thorough background in biblical and theological studies so you are equipped to apply biblical truth more effectively. In three semesters (1.5 years), you will survey the Old and New Testament, lay a foundation in Christian doctrine, and garner principles for life.
Requirements: Applicants must be a member of The Potter’s House of North Dallas.
Ministerial Licensing Track
PHSOM ministerial training, a two-year program, will help you develop specific skills needed for effective ministry. Ministers-in-training complete three semesters of biblical study, a ministry assessment, and a semester of practical ministry training in preparation for licensing to serve at The Potter’s House of North Dallas.
Requirements: Applicants must be a member and actively serving in an area of ministry at TPHND, live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, complete the admissions and ministry assessment process, and desire to use their gifts at TPHND.
PHSOM Fall 2023 Information
- Registration and application for admission opens: Sunday, June 11, 2023
- Deadline for Admission Application: Sunday, July 9, 2023
- Deadline for Tuition: August 17, 2023
- Fall Semester Dates: August 17, 2023 – December 14, 2023
- Classes meet: Thursdays 7:00 – 9:00 pm Central Time (Online via Zoom)
- Tuition for Fall 2023 is $300.00
We are accepting applications for the Biblical Studies Track only.
- After your application is submitted, a member of our team will follow up with further information.
For questions, contact us at PHSOM@tphnd.org
- An active member of the Potter’s House of North Dallas (TPHND) for least one (1) year.
- Complete the PHSOM admissions process including an Admission Application and a $25.00 non-refundable fee, required background check, and admissions interview.
- Notification of admission decision is made after completion of admission process.
- Note: To become a candidate for ministerial licensing, individuals must be a member, actively serving in an area of ministry at TPHND, live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, and complete the admissions and ministry assessment process.
Must I be a member of the Potter's House to enroll in PHSOM?
Yes. PHSOM is designed to prepare individuals to use their gifts to serve in our local church and surrounding community.
Who are the class instructors?
Pastors, elders, and experienced teachers who serve as mentors.
What practical/marketable skills will I receive after enrolling in PHSOM?
Writing, leadership, mentoring, and communication skills
Is admission automatic for PHSOM?
Admission is not automatic. Prayerful consideration is given to church/ministry involvement, community service, and applicants’ potential for success in the ministerial preparation training program.
How long are the biblical study courses?
Three (3) semesters over 1.5 years
How long is the ministerial training preparation?
Four (4) semesters over 2 years