“Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved… who correctly handles the word of truth.” — 2 TIMOTHY 2:15 (NIV)
If you are passionate about the Word of God and desire to learn more, The Potter’s House School of Ministry (PHSOM) is for you!
This non-degree program will equip you with a strong foundation in biblical and theological studies along with practical ministry and marketable skills to help you fulfill your unique calling. PHSOM also provides a great opportunity for spiritual growth by engaging with a small diverse group of your peers and faculty mentors.
- Seeking a deeper understanding of The Bible?
If you are not seeking ministerial licensing – but desire to increase your biblical knowledge – enrolling in three (3) semesters of biblical study will give you an opportunity to survey The Bible, lay a foundation in Christian doctrine, principles for Christian life and ministry, and a theological worldview.
Requirements: Applicants must be a member of The Potter’s House of North Dallas.
- Seeking ministerial training and licensing?
PHSOM is a two-year ministry training program designed to prepare candidates for licensing and ordination to serve in ministry at The Potter’s House of North Dallas. Candidates complete three semesters of biblical study, complete a ministry assessment, and one semester of practical ministry training (hybrid of online and onsite classes).
Requirements: Applicants must be a member and a servant leader of The Potter’s House of North Dallas, live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, and desire to use their gifts at TPHND and in our surrounding communities.
- PHSOM 2-year ministerial training program
- Tuition for Fall 2021 is $250.00 per semester
Fall 2021 Schedule
- Deadline for Admission Applications: August 1, 2021
- Deadline for Tuition and Registration: August 19, 2021
- Fall Semester Dates: August 19th through December 16th 2021
- Classes meet: Thursday evenings from 7:00 – 9:00 PM CT (online)
After your application is submitted, a member of our team will follow up with further information.
- All applicants must be an active member of TPHND.
- All applicants must complete the admissions process including an application with non-refundable application fee, pass required background check, and be available for a scheduled interview.
- Ministerial preparation and licensing applicants must be an active member, a servant leader for at least one year, and must live in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area.
Must I be a member of the Potter's House to enroll in PHSOM?
Yes. PHSOM is designed to prepare individuals to use their gifts to serve in our local church and surrounding community.
Who are the class instructors?
Pastors, elders, and experienced teachers who serve as mentors.
What practical/marketable skills will I receive after enrolling in PHSOM?
Writing, leadership, mentoring, and communication skills
Is admission automatic for PHSOM
Admission is not automatic. Prayerful consideration is given to church/ministry involvement, community service, and applicants’ potential for success in the ministerial preparation training program.
How long are the biblical study courses?
Three (3) semesters
How long is the ministerial training preparation?
Four (4) semesters
Apply for Potter's House School of Ministry (PHSOM)